"The Next Big Thing"
1. What is the title of your next book/work?
Let me just say titles are super important to me. And although I'm working on three novels currently, I only have one absolute title for one of them and that is " . . . heard it in a love song". The other two haven't given me their titles yet although the first one will probably be called "Seeing . . ."
2. Where did the idea come from for the book/work?
Book One of three: I can only claim divine inspiration.
Book Two of three: Ditto for Book One.
Book Three of three: This one came directly from The Marshall Tucker Band's song: "Heard It in A Love Song"
3. What genre does your book/work fall under?
Book One: Christian Romance/Love story
Book Two: Crime Novel/Police Procedural/Romantic Suspense
Book Three: Christian Romance/Love story
4. What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Usually I can always picture certain actors for my characters. Wouldn't you know I haven't yet got them in my mind's eye?
5. What is a one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Book One: Think contemporary Redeeming Love.
Book Two: Murder on a racetrack challenges a detective's newly realized spirituality.
Book Three: Sweet talkin' ladies man meets a lady who wants true love.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
Still writing on all three. So over a year.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Book One: A contemporary version of Redeeming Love
Book Two: Would love to compare it to a J. Mark Bertrand's Roland March novel. Really would.
Book Three: My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade only because she wrote "real".
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
See answer to # 2.
10. What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
These novels are not your typical CBA fare. They're "Raw Romantic Redemptive".
Father, love on my friends. Bless them in all their endeavors, done to honor you. Encourage them as only you can do. Bring healing where needed. You are who we need. Fill them with your inspiration. In the Name of Jesus, Amen.